The concept-and-design phase is where the most project value can be gained (or lost). The following seven principles offer the most promising ways to improve performance and financial returns for our clients.
- Modular design & standardization.
- Consult construction and procurement teams.
- Optimize engineering processes and choices.
- Optimize around site constraints.
- Strengthen scenario planning.
- Maintain a life-cycle perspective.
- Build only what is needed.
Design-To-Value (design based on understanding and minimizing the elements that drive up costs) and the Minimal Technical Solution (MTS, design to deliver only the necessary value-added requirements) are two concepts that we use to reduce capital investments to what is required.
Tags: Design Leadership